Black Acetal Knob & Spigot (Ultegra Various Models)
Swapping the original moulded plastic knob fitted as standard could not be simpler and can be done in the comfort of your own living room using a small Philips screwdriver & pick tool.
- Simply remove the chrome cover from the standard knob by placing a pick tool or small flat screwdriver under one end and gently lifting.
- Once removed, this will reveal a small Philips screw. Undo the screw and slide off the original moulded knob.
- Using the screwdriver, gently tease both factory bearings or bushes (depending on the model) from the original knob and shim washers.
- Fit one bearing or bush into the end of the new Black spigot, which will face the reel arm, and slide back onto the reel arm shaft.
- Next, fit the washers, followed by the second bearing/bush onto the shaft and into the spigot and tighten the screw.
- Finally, once the spigot is mounted to the shaft, screw the acetal knob on turning clockwise and nip up by hand.
Our replacement acetal knobs are manufactured from black acetal and measure 42mm x 18mm.