Acetal Handle (MgS 12000 XTB / XTC)
Swapping the original moulded plastic knob fitted to the handle as standard could not be easier and can be done in the comfort of your own living room using a small Philips screwdriver & 7mm spanner.
- Simply remove the 2x screws from the chrome cover of the standard knob and lift the cover off.
- Unscrew the single Philips screw, which is revealed when the cover is removed, and slide the original knob from the shaft.
- Using the screwdriver, gently tease both bearings out of the original knob along with the shim washers.
- Fit one bearing into the end of the new Black spigot, which will face the reel arm, and slide back onto the reel arm shaft.
- Next, fit the shim washers (note washers may not be required) followed by the bearing into the spigot and tighten the screw.
- Finally, once the spigot is mounted to the shaft, screw the alloy knob on by turning clockwise and place the 7mm spanner over the hexagonal centre of the spigot and gently nip up.
Our replacement acetal knobs are manufactured from black acetal.